ten Hag: No 'risk' to come to Manchester United
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Manchester United hero Cristiano Ronaldo will not be moving to Bayern Munich this summer, it has been claimed, even though reports have said that the striker is becoming dismayed with the lack of new signings under Erik ten Hag so far this summer.
News emerged on Thursday that Ronaldo has become agitated with the current state of United’s recruitment, given that Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham have all sealed deals – with the latter already making three signings under Antonio Conte. Erling Haaland and Julian Alvarez have already signed for City, whilst Uruguayan star Darwin Nunez, Fulham wonderkid Fabio Carvalho and young full-back Calvin Ramsay have rolled through the door at Anfield.
That has given Ronaldo new doubts as to whether United have entered their promised ‘new era’ under the Dutchman, with the club already falling further behind the clubs that finished 35 points ahead of them last season. But one club he supposedly won’t be moving to is Bayern Munich, with Sky Sport Germany reporter Florian Plettenberg suggesting he will not be moving to the German champions despite contrasting claims they were keen.
Having recently signed Sadio Mane from Liverpool, the Bavarian outfit are not expected to bring in any reinforcements into their attacking contingent as it stands. Even if Ronaldo was available, Bayern have grand plans for Mane in which the Portugal captain may not fit. Robert Lewandowski is reportedly willing to leave for a new challenge in the form of Barcelona, allowing Mane to play in a central role as opposed to the wider role he occupied for the majority of his time at Anfield.
Ronaldo could also potentially fill that vacancy, but at the age of 37 Bayern would likely only enjoy his talents for two seasons. The Real Madrid hero has told his inner circle according to Record that he believes United’s lack of action in the transfer window has left him irritated at their current situation.
Antony, Frenkie de Jong and Jurrien Timber are just a few of the names linked with United, but none have yet to sign and the Red Devils risk being left behind once again in their bid to sit at England’s top table once again. Ronaldo joined United last summer with the hope of challenging for the Premier League title, although that ambition could not have gone any worse for him.
United finished 35 points off the title and suffered a measly last-16 exit from the Champions League as well as home losses to Middlesbrough and West Ham in the domestic cups. Those failures marked arguably the worst season in the Premier League era for the Red Devils.
The club have lost Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic and Jesse Lingard this summer, leaving a huge gap in their midfield and with no incomings looking likely, another tumultuous season may well occur despite a change of managers.
Express Sport giveaway – win a 55″ OLED LG TV here
Source: Read Full Article