Man United’s Antony is labelled a ‘LIAR’ by alleged victim Ingrid Lana over his claims that they had an ‘intimate and consensual meeting’ – as she accuses ‘desperate’ winger of fabricating Whatsapp messages
- Ingrid Lana accused Antony of pushing her against a wall after trying to kiss her
- Antony hit back by leaking texts and claiming they had a ‘consensual meeting’
- Lana has now called Antony ‘a liar’ and accused him of fabricating the messages
- Listen to the latest episode of Mail Sport’s podcast It’s All Kicking Off
Manchester United winger Antony has been called a ‘liar’ by one of his accusers after he leaked alleged Whatsapp messages between them and claimed their meeting was ‘intimate and consensual’.
Banker Ingrid Lana accused the Brazilian of pushing her against a wall after he tried to kiss her as the 23-year-old continues to fight a series of allegations that began when ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin accused him of assaulting her on four occasions.
Antony has denied any wrongdoing.
After the latest allegation from Lana, Antony sought to clarify what happened during their encounter by publishing texts he claims they had shared, including one where the person messaging him tells him ‘if you want I’ll wait in bed naked’.
Posting the texts on his Instagram, he called his accuser ‘a fraudster’, adding: ‘I don’t want to but I’m being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual.
‘This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!’
Manchester United winger Antony’s accuser Ingrid Lana (L) has labelled the Brazilian ‘a liar’ after he leaked alleged Whatsapp messages and claimed they had a ‘consensual’ meeting
The Brazil and Manchester United winger published four screengrabs of a conversation – supposedly with Lana – as he hit back at her accusations
Lana has now hit back at Antony, calling him a liar and claiming he had in fact fabricated the text messages.
‘He shared conversations between us as friends… including explicit conversations that don’t even sound like me, because he’s desperate. It just shows what a liar you are,’ she said, as reported by Marca.
In a statement to Brazilian news outlet Globo, Antony said: ‘I was chatting with Ingrid via WhatsApp. When she went to Portugal to go to her cousin’s birthday, she asked to come here to Manchester to meet me, with the clear intention of meeting me intimately, including asking me if I preferred red or white lingerie.
‘I bought a ticket and booked a hotel for her. In fact, I met her at the aforementioned hotel and we had an intimate and consensual encounter.
‘Although she insisted that we meet again for another intimate encounter, due to scheduling issues I was unable to see her again, as she returned to Brazil. Since then, I have never met her again.
The DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin has made several allegations against Man United star
Your browser does not support iframes.
‘All of this that I narrate now is undoubtedly proven in WhatsApp messages, which I just do not publish in full to preserve the right to privacy.
‘However, I will make available the appropriate channels, if necessary, to prove my innocence, as well as to propose the competent reparatory action and request for investigation.’
United announced on Sunday that Antony will stay away from the club until further notice. He has not been suspended but placed on a leave of absence on full pay to give him time to defend himself against the claims.
The club’s decision, which follows discussions between chief executive Richard Arnold and manager Erik ten Hag, comes in the wake of Brazil’s decision to drop Antony from their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru on Monday night.
Antony is facing allegations of domestic abuse but has not been arrested or charged and has maintained he has done nothing wrong
A statement read: ‘Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony. Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday.
‘However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.
‘As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.’
The player said: ‘I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.
‘This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.
‘I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.’
IT’S ALL KICKING OFF!
It’s All Kicking Off is an exciting new podcast from Mail Sport that promises a different take on Premier League football, launching with a preview show today and every week this season.
It is available on MailOnline, Mail+, YouTube , Apple Music and Spotify
Your browser does not support iframes.
Source: Read Full Article