Borussia Dortmund ace Jadon Sancho says he has recently gone through a 'hard situation' following intense transfer speculation about his future in the summer.
Sancho was the subject of interest from Manchester United but the Premier League club did not make an offer which was enough to persuade Dortmund to sell their prized asset.
Before Tuesday night, Sancho had scored just two goals this season but he bagged his third of the campaign with a stunning free-kick against Club Brugge in Dortmund's 3-0 Champions League win.
Sancho faces a battle to get into Gareth Southgate's England XI for next summer's European Championships.
And the 20-year-old feels he is getting back to his best after a tricky summer.
"I am just happy that I am playing," Sancho told DAZN.
"I have coaches and teammates that believe in me. Recently, it's been a hard situation for me.
Get the latest news straight into your inbox!
It has been a hectic season so far – so make sure you don't miss a single thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
All the latest transfer news and big stories will land straight into your inbox. You won't miss out.
To sign up, put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.
"But it's all about how I come back and have performances like this [against Brugge].
"They will hopefully get me back to the top, how I was playing before."
During the recent international break, Sancho was asked whether the speculation about his future in the summer had affected him.
"No, I don't think so," he replied.
"I feel like every player has a little dip in their career and I'm going through that at the moment.
"It is just how I am bouncing back and I'm just happy to have managers who have faith in me and keep starting me."
Source: Read Full Article