Cristiano Ronaldo free from isolation as Juventus star returns negative test

Don’t wait 30 years – sign up for our daily football email newsletter today!

Cristiano Ronaldo has tested negative for Covid-19 following three previous positive results.

Juventus star Ronaldo first tested positive while on international duty with Portugal and returned to Turin to self-isolate.

He has spent 19 days away from his team-mates and missed a reunion with Lionel Messi as Juventus took on Barcelona.

Former Manchester United ace Ronaldo had tested positive on two more occasions following his first result.

Though Serie A giants Juventus have now confirmed he is free from self-isolation having returned a negative test.

A statement read: “Cristiano Ronaldo carried out a check with a diagnostic test (swab) for Covid 19.

“The exam provided a negative result. The player has, therefore, recovered after 19 days and is no longer subjected to home isolation.”

It means Ronaldo could return for the Serie A clash with Spezia on Sunday with Juventus reportedly cleared his comeback with UEFA.

  • Cristiano Ronaldo 'under investigation' for potentially breaching Covid-19 rules

Protocol states a player must have a negative test 24 hours before kick-off.

Ronaldo has missed four matches in total, one for Portugal and three for Juventus, since his positive test.

Social media footage from Ronaldo himself has shown the Portuguese star keeping himself fit while at home.

Ronaldo had hit out at the testing following his third test, insisting he had been feeling fit and healthy.

Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

Though he has also been accused of breaking coronavirus guidelines by Italy's sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora.

Spadafora said: "Without authorisation from the health authorities, I think he [Ronaldo] has violated the protocol."

The 35-year-old denied the accusation, saying: "A gentlemen here in Italy, whose name I won't mention, said I didn't obey the protocol — that's simply a lie.

"I followed all the protocols and I will continue to follow them, my conscience is clear…. Everything I did was authorised."

  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Juventus FC
  • Serie A

Source: Read Full Article