Antonio Rudiger says he will not give up on speaking out against racism.
Rudiger, involved in an incident that saw Heung-Min Son sent off when Chelsea played Tottenham in December, appeared to be the subject of boos by a section of the Spurs support in the Blues’ 2-1 win over their London rivals at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
The Chelsea defender alleged he had been racially abused during the game between the two clubs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in December, which resulted in the Premier League’s anti-discrimination protocol being used for the first time.
Tottenham and the Metropolitan Police both launched investigations but the matter was not taken any further as no evidence was found to support Rudiger’s claims.
Rudiger feels let down after speaking out about the alleged discriminatory abuse he suffered and says society is losing the fight against racism.
“Racism has won,” he told Sky in Germany. “The offenders can always come back to the stadium, which shows that these people have won.
“It doesn’t have to be me, it can be anyone else. They never get punished and in the end, I am the scapegoat.
“I won’t give up, I’ll never stop raising my voice. I’ll always raise my voice, but in relation to this, I am alone.
Source: Read Full Article