Phoebe Burgess posts Instagram message to fans after Sam Burgess bombshell reports

Phoebe Burgess has posted a message to fans on Instagram for the first time since bombshell claims against estranged husband Sam Burgess were made public.

The popular influencer posted two photos on her Instagram profile on Sunday night where she posed with three-year-old daughter Poppy.

In photos reported to have been captured at her family’s property near Bowral, NSW, the 31-year-old also posted a photo of her smiling with a cat inside a hay shed.

While the photos show no sign of the ordeal that has engulfed her family this month since The Australian first reported explosive allegations of violence and substance abuse, Phoebe hinted at the troubles surrounding her recent, public marriage breakdown in a message to her 82,000 followers.

“Finding joy in the little things and my little people,” she captioned the two photos.

Watch the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals on Kayo. Every game before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

“Simply because I was silent doesn’t mean I didn’t hear you, thank you for your kindness. means the world to us.”

Phoebe and her father Mitchell Hooke were last week accused by the lawyer of Sam Burgess to have acted out of “malice or retaliation” when they levelled domestic violence and drug allegations against the former-NRL star.

Solicitor Bryan Wrench hit out in Moss Vale Local Court on Wednesday, saying he and his client had been caught off guard by the accusations contained in a 50-page statement to police by his wife.

Burgess did not appear in court as he fights an accusation he intimidated his father-in-law Mitchell Hooke last year.

RELATED: Russell Crowe’s relationship with Sam Burgess reportedly strained

Phoebe’s post on Instagram has nearly 200 comments and has been liked by more than 4000 people.Source:News Corp Australia

The drug and domestic violence allegations were published last week in The Australian and Wrench said he was likely to make an application for Mr Hooke and Ms Burgess to be held in contempt of court.

He said the allegations, which were published in The Australian, were “orchestrated propaganda” and appeared to be “born out of malice or retaliation”.

Wrench told the court Burgess had made an application regarding unrelated matters in another court on September 24 and that six days later Ms Burgess filed her affidavit with police.

RELATED: Rabbitohs announce ‘Tone deaf’ new job for Sam Burgess

Sam Burgess has stood down from his duties with South Sydney Rabbitohs.Source:Getty Images

Wrench said he was troubled because he had still not received Ms Burgess’s affidavit, despite making repeated requests with police.

“We’ve requested the statement and heard nothing, zero,” Wrench said.

Burgess previously pleaded not guilty to one charge of intimidating Mr Hooke, and intends to plead not guilty to one charge of common assault.

He has also had an apprehended violence order taken out against him after an alleged argument at Mr Hooke’s Southern Highlands property in October 2019.

The former Rabbitohs star has stood down from his media commitments with Fox Sports and as a development coach at South Sydney.

Burgess, through his legal representation, has vigorously denied the accusations.

Source: Read Full Article