Source: Saints not anticipating MNF move to Indy

  • Covered Saints for eight years at New Orleans Times-Picayune
  • Previously covered LSU football, San Francisco 49ers
  • Iowa native and University of Iowa graduate

METAIRIE, La. — The New Orleans Saints are not planning to evacuate for Hurricane Delta as of Wednesday night, a source told ESPN.

With the storm projected to hit further west in Louisiana on Friday night, the Saints don’t anticipate the need to relocate for practice this week or for Monday night’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers in the Superdome.

Earlier Wednesday, sources confirmed that the Saints and the NFL had made contingency plans to relocate to Indianapolis’ Lucas Oil Stadium if needed. The Colts play the Browns in Cleveland on Sunday.

The Saints’ contingency plans were first reported by The Athletic.

The NFL generally has weather-related contingency plans in place for games — as it did for the recent California wildfires, for example.

“We will continue to monitor developments in the area and remain in contact with the clubs,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said. “We always have contingency plans for all games.”

The Saints are scheduled to hold their first practice of the week on Thursday.

Source: Read Full Article