Whyte says Dubois fight was agreed before it fell through late on

EXCLUSIVE: Dillian Whyte reveals his proposed domestic clash with Daniel Dubois was a ‘DONE DEAL’ but the fight fell through when his opponent asked for more money… with the heavyweight contender now turning his attention to American Jermaine Franklin

  • Dillian Whyte was in negotiations to fight Daniel Dubois later this year 
  • Whyte has claimed the fight was agreed between the domestic rivals
  • He has said the fight fell through when Dubois’ team wanted more money
  • Whyte will now be facing the unbeaten Jermaine Franklin on November 26 

Dillian Whyte has revealed that he agreed to fight Daniel Dubois in a mouthwatering domestic clash, only for the fight to fall through when his opponent asked for more money at the last minute.

Whyte was last seen in the ring when he was beaten by Tyson Fury at Wembley in April, but he has been plotting to make his comeback before the end of the year.

A showdown with Dubois appeared to be on the cards, and Whyte has claimed the fight was very close to getting made, but a late dispute over money led to the pair going their separate ways. He also denied any suggestion that he had decided to avoid the fight when it came to signing the contract.

Dillian Whyte has claimed he agreed to fight domestic rival Daniel Dubois in November

However, Whyte says the fight fell through after Dubois’ team wanted more money

‘I agreed the fight with Daniel Dubois and that was a done deal and then they started fishing about at the end,’ Dubois told Sportsmail

‘But a lot of people talk a lot of rubbish about these guys: “Oh, I’m avoiding this guy”, but a lot of these guys are cowards and they just talk rubbish.’

Dubois was victorious in his last bout as he stopped Trevor Bryan inside four rounds to win the WBA (Regular) heavyweight title in June.

However, he was then involved in a legal dispute with promoter Don King afterwards as he claimed he was not paid for the fight.

Dubois eventually received £400,000 after filing a lawsuit against King, but Whyte feels this may have played a part in his fellow Brit being hesitant to fight him.

Whyte has also said Tyson Fury’s potential fight with Anthony Joshua was being eyed for the week after his proposed clash with Dubois which caused issues for BT Sport

Whyte has also pointed out the fight with Dubois was being proposed for November 26, just a week before the date that was previously being eyed for a clash between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, and this caused issues for BT Sport.

‘I could get it from Dubois’ point as well because he didn’t get paid for his last fight,’ Whyte continued. 

‘What actually killed it was BT couldn’t do two PPVs in a week. They thought they had Joshua-Fury on December 3, and then that fell over.’

‘I’ve always wanted to fight the best. It’s a shame it didn’t happen, but it could happen in the future.’

With the Dubois fight no longer happening, Whyte is now scheduled to fight Jermaine Franklin

Dubois has since gone on to announce that he will be facing Kevin Lerena on the undercard of Fury’s trilogy fight with Derek Chisora on December 3, and Whyte has also got his next opponent lined up.

He will be taking on unbeaten American Jermaine Franklin next month at Wembley Arena, and Whyte believes it is the ‘perfect’ fight for him as he prepares to return to action.

‘He’s a good fighter, it’s the perfect fight I need,’ Whyte said.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article