Tyson Fury was losing to Deontay Wilder at halfway stage of third fight

Tyson Fury may have got the better of his arch rival Deontay Wilder again in their trilogy fight in Las Vegas, but he certainly didn't have it all his own way.

The Gypsy King managed to successfully retain his WBC heavyweight title, consigning his American rival to his second ever professional defeat at the T-Mobile Arena.

And the fight itself between the heavyweight giants produced plenty of fireworks, with those in attendance witnessing an incredible five knockdowns in Sin City.

Fury and Wilder were both knocked to the canvas twice, with the American down in the third and 10th rounds while the Brit crashed down twice in the fourth.

But it was the Gypsy King who eventually came out on top, stopping Wilder in the penultimate round to retain his WBC belt.

However, Fury was in trouble at the halfway stage of the epic trilogy fight, with it since being revealed that Wilder was in fact ahead on all three of the judges' scorecards.

The three ringside judges, Dave Moretti, Tim Cheatham and Steve Weisfeld all had Wilder ahead after the first six rounds, especially thanks to an emphatic fourth round display which saw Fury down on the canvas twice.

Wilder won the fourth round 10-7 on all three scorecards, but Fury managed to swing the momentum in his favour soon after.

And with Fury on the up, he eventually managed to knockout the Bronze Bomber in the 11th round.

Wilder was forced to convince the doctor to allow him to continue with Fury dominating proceedings near the death.

After Wilder rose from the canvas in the 10th round, Fury immediately had the American in trouble in the penultimate round.

Fury struck Wilder hard with a right hand that put him on the ropes before finishing it off with another emphatic right hand that sent the American crashing down for the final time.

Following the brutal fight that will live long in the memory, Wilder was taken to hospital for precautionary reasons.


Source: Read Full Article