Justin Gaethje has branded Conor McGregor a ‘p***y’ in his latest attempt to goad the Irishman to fight him. Fan favourite Gaethje has had his eye on the former two-division champion for several months now.
The former World Series of Fighting lightweight champion campaigned heavily to welcome McGregor back to the Octagon in January but was ultimately overlooked in favour Donald Cerrone, who the former featherweight and lightweight king decimated in 40 seconds last month at UFC 246.
The UFC’s decision to book McGregor against ‘Cowboy’ still doesn’t sit well with Gaethje, who wholeheartedly believes McGregor has no intention of ever sharing the cage with him.
“The man is not going to fight me,” Gaethje said in a video alongside UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo. “What the fuck do you gotta do? He’s running out of easy fights.
“I’m sitting here, smoking my CBD, waiting for a motherf**ker to punch me in the face.”
KEY STORY: Khabib coach expects Conor McGregor fight to be offered after Tony Ferguson bout
Let’s go. Quit being a p***y
Justin Gaethje’s message to Conor McGregor
McGregor is currently mulling over his next move following his demolition of Cerrone, which saw him pick up his first victory in over three years.
And Gaethje has sent a blunt message the 31-year-old’s way to try entice him into a fight.
“Let’s go,” a fired-up Gaethje said. “Quit being a p***y.”
Gaethje’s lambasting of McGregor hasn’t gone unnoticed by ‘Mystic Mac’, who insists he’s more than happy to take on ‘The Highlight’.
What Conor McGregor said to Cerrone’s grandma after UFC 246 win
Nate Diaz coach fans flames for Conor McGregor rematch on Instagram
Conor McGregor told the sole condition that could trigger Khabib fight
“He’s on the list. He is on the list,” McGregor said of Gaethje in a recent interview with The Mac Life. “Maybe I will face him next.
“Maybe I’ll face him next, you know? He has it coming to him.
“I mean laugh at how Justin is behaving. He’s a funny guy. He’s been taking it very to heart, you know? And I know the feeling when you do that.
“So maybe I’ll get through Donald and I’ll have a quick turnaround against Justin.
“So maybe that’s what will happen. But Justin is on the list, no doubt.”
McGregor, 21-4, is hoping to have a busy 2020, setting his sights on two more outings this year.
The UFC’s first simultaneous two-weight world champion is staying in shape in case either Khabib Nurmagoedov or Tony Ferguson are forced to withdraw from their eagerly-anticipated lightweight title fight, which will headline UFC 249 on April 18.
A short-notice rematch between the bitter rivals could come to fruition if the dreaded injury bug strikes Ferguson, who has been scheduled to face Nurmagomedov a staggering four times.
Nurmagomedov’s manager, however, isn’t so sure his client would be open to giving his arch-nemesis a shot at redemption.
“Khabib said he’s not going to fight in Vegas, he hasn’t fought in Vegas,” Ali Abdelaziz told Express Sport last month.
“He said he’s not fighting Conor and he has to take a fight – believe me, he’s going to stick to his word.
“I don’t think anybody can change what Khabib said. Even if you were to pay him $100million (£76million), I don’t think he’d fight Conor.”
Source: Read Full Article