Deontay Wilder unwell as Tyson Fury raises doubts over trilogy fight

Tyson Fury calls Deontay Wilder 'weak' as row erupts at press conference

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Undisputed heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has raised potential doubts over this weekend’s third, and most probably final fight with Deontay Wilder, after describing him as ‘unwell’.

The pair head into Sunday’s bout having met twice already. The first time around the heavyweights played out a controversial split draw decision, despite many thinking Fury had done enough to win the fight.

However, the Gypsy King finally got his victory just over a year later after winning the rematch with a technical knockout in round seven back in February 2020.

Since the win though the Bronze Bomber has made a number of cheating allegations against his English opponent, firstly insinuating that Fury had tampered with his gloves and fought with his fists in an ‘improper position’.

Following on from that, Wilder then extended his claims by stating that Fury was also boxing with an ‘egg-weight sized object’ in his gloves to give him unfair advantage.

JUST IN: Inside Tyson Fury’s 5,000-calorie-a-day pre-fight diet ahead of Deontay Wilder bout

When confronted about these claims the 33-year-old admitted he rarely took notice, due to Wilder being an ‘unwell person’.

He said: “I’ve never really paid too much attention to all these accusations because I know it’s coming from an unwell person. 

“When someone is unwell, I don’t believe they can be held accountable for their actions, especially verbal actions, because if he was in his right mind he wouldn’t think like this.”

DON’T MISS
Tyson Fury claims he knows how Anthony Joshua can ‘definitely’ win Oleksandr Usyk rematch
Tyson Fury insists his weight ‘doesn’t matter’ ahead of Deontay Wilder fight
Tyson Fury’s dad banned from Deontay Wilder fight as he opens up on missing bout

After their original fight in 2018 many thought that Fury had done more than enough to defeat his American rival, despite being knocked down in the final moments.

However, a contentious decision from the judges saw the fight drawn. Therefore, the Gypsy King admitted that he felt if anyone had been unfairly treated in their previous meetings it was in fact him.

He added: “It’s like when I got the draw in California in the first fight, in December 2018. That time, I could have said all the judges were against me, and this, that and whatever. But I didn’t. 

“It was what it was. You get on with it. It’s the manner of person he’s become, with defeat. He’s almost become bitter, with a boxing match.”

As well as accusing Wilder of being ‘unwell’, Fury believes that another reason for his opponent’s outlandish allegations is that he is unable to accept the idea that he was beaten by the better boxer on the night.

The 33-year-old commented: “Now, nobody wants to lose, but at the end of the day, there’s always going to be somebody out there who will beat you, no matter who you are. If you stay around long enough, you’ll guarantee to be beaten, sooner or later, and that’s all it is, and you’ve got to accept that.”

Follow our new Daily Express Sport Instagram page here

Source: Read Full Article